Thank you to everyone who came out to support us at our Annual Benefit & Silent Auction on November 7, 2018. The unforgettable night, held at Riccardo’s by the Bridge, commemorated 24 years of SHAREing & CAREing’s service to the Queens community. Many thanks to our generous sponsor First Central Savings Bank and to our charismatic Master of Ceremonies Joseph Pistilli, who both helped make the night an evening to remember. And a special thank you to survivor Allison O’Rourke for sharing her story of surviving cancer with the support of SHAREing & CAREing. It was a memorable speech at the heart of the event.
This year we had the honor of acknowledging an incredible group of award recipients, all who have made a difference in our community. We are deeply grateful for the energy and devotion of these special people:
- Tonino Sacco, Esq., Sacco & Fillas, LLP (Guest of Honor)
- Elias N. Fillas, Esq., Sacco & Fillas, LLP (Guest of Honor)
- Krystal P. Cascetta, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Director of Operations, Mount Sinai Queens Infusion Center (Physician’s Recognition Award)
- David M. Heimann, MD, FACS, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Surgical Oncologist, Queens Cancer Center, NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens (Physician’s Recognition Award)
- Joseph J. Lieber, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Director of Medicine, NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst (Physician’s Recognition Award)
- Christopher A. Roker, Chief Executive Officer, NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens (Excellence in Healthcare Leadership)
- Elizabeth Lusskin, President of Long Island City Partnership (Community Recognition Award)
- Eartha Washington, Chairperson, NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst CAB (Gloria D’Amico Lifetime Achievement Award)
Journal Printed by Lincole Lithograph | Tel: 718-886-1514
The staff, board, and volunteers of SHAREing & CAREing are indebted to everyone who supported us through our printed commemorative event journal and program (above) as well as the continuing support we receive from our community for our cancer support services. Thank you for another incredible year!